Search results provided by Azure Search - read how I built it in this post.

Community

Max Melcher

2 minute read

I think its my first time that I attended a search session for business users/decision makers - interesting times here at SharePoint Saturday in Belgium. Here follows a summary for “Improve SharePoint Search Experience” in my words. Speaker was Elio Struyf (@eliostruyf) - he has some nice blog posts about search, go read them! Elio on stage Improve for everybody, don’t forget the novice users There are different types of users in every enterprise, some of them are more mature with SharePoint, some do a search query with just one keyword - well, one of Elio’s key messages was that you should optimize the experience not only for the “educated” users.

Max Melcher

2 minute read

MSDN Archive has been retired this week - I do not know why they retired it before there is an adequate replacement for the majority of the tools, but it has a huge impact on my work. One of my favorite tool, the famous ULSViewer is was hosted there. You will be greeted with this beautiful page when you try to download the ULSViewer - no alternative download location so far!

Max Melcher

6 minute read

ShareCamp 2014 was last weekend (05/23/2014 - 05/25/2014) hosted by Microsoft in Munich and it was the best community event I attended this year – and I repeat that now for 3 years in a row. So why is it that great? The answer is simple but unexpected: Its organized by and depends on active participation of the community: Each attendee can present their topics and questions in a session – if the other attendees wanna hear their stuff.