Yesterday we met at our monthly “Search Stammtisch / Meetup” in Munich in one of the most charming locations. Like every month, the scope of discussion was broad and this led also to a short discussion of Brand. As a result we are rebranding the meeting and giving it a proper and more precise name: Enterprise Productivity & Search
Why the name?
Because it sounds cool - and because we do not only talk about (SharePoint) search, but we also touch so many topics that boost and affect productivity within an enterprise. Much, of course, includes search. To make the diversity clear I want to briefly summarize topics that we talked about yesterday and some topics from previous meetings. I am sure this is far from complete!:
- Social Enterprise and Yammer, challenges, benefits and drawbacks.
- How to have an impact and boost productivity? Where to start?
- Common scenarios for enterprise search. Special scenarios, hybrid options. Custom & 3rd party connectors.
- What are good arguments against “we always do it like that” aka. “my grandmother’s mother did it that way…“
- Hybrid options and SharePoint 2016
- Azure? How to increase productivity with it. Chances of the cloud, cloud first and all that.
- Azure Search, Elastic, Lucene
- IASA and IT Architecture
- Driving adoption and how to measure it.
- How to properly measure and do analytics?
- We had really good drinks - my favorite is “Painkiller”. Discussing in a pleasant environment is really helping. Go try it! 🙂
- Major events & conferences this year (e.g. Microsoft Ignite in Atlanta)
- IaaS, Saas, Paas and all the new options available in a “cloud first, mobile first” world.
The list could go on and on because we are a really diverse group of IT professionals, IT vendors, partners and customers - and the mix makes the fun!
So if you are lucky enough to live close by Munich or travel to Munich - we meet every first Monday and organize the meetings via meetup. Go join the group!