Another essential SharePoint tool found its way to the chocolatey gallery – this time it’s the awesome and feature-rich SharePointLogViewer.
- View multiple SharePoint log files at once
- Search by any field
- Filter the log by any field
- File drag & drop support
- Live monitoring for entire farm
- Export filtered log entries
- Bookmark log entries
- Get popup notification of SharePoint log events from system tray
- Receive email notifications on errors
- Redirect log entries to event log
- Supports SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013
After installing chocolatey you can install SharePointLogViewer with one line of Powershell:
as you can see in this screenshot:
The result is a nice shortcut on your desktop - everything ready to go.
Chocolatey NuGet is a Machine Package Manager, somewhat like apt-get, but built with Windows in mind.
In other words: You can install tools/software with this tool.
I wrote several blog posts about this:
- Install SharePoint Designer with Chocolatey
- Chocolatey and SharePoint
- SharePoint Search Query Tool
- Install all the great SharePoint Tools with one line of PowerShell
and even created a video:
Do you miss a tool?
If you miss a tool, I would be happy to add it. Please leave a comment.
Share this post